Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple, and Pomegranate Salad
This salad is amazingly fresh. I particularly love the balsamic vinaigrette with the apple. You can also make the squash ahead of time and store it in the fridge till you’re ready to assemble the salad. Try also adding some herbs to the greens, such as cilantro or parsley.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups baby greens
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 140 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 205 celcuis (400 Fahrenheit). Line a baking tray with a silocone baking mat or aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil and salt. Arrange the squash in a single later on the prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the squash is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix the vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a stream while stirring. Keep mixing till the oil is full incorporated.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the mixed greens, squash, apple, and balsamic vinaigrette. Top with the goats cheese, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds before serving.