There’s nothing better than a good soup. Pumpkin soup is all about the spices. I add a little chili to mine to keep it feeling warm even when it cools. Try this soup with bread and cream cheese or a splash of mint yoghurt.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1.75 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add spices and mix.
- Add pumpkin, stock and water. Cover. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Blend soup with a stick beater. Heat over a medium heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper.