Beetroot and Bean Salad with Ginger Dressing
Another amazing recipe from BBC Good Food. This salad is quite citric, and the dressing adds a beautiful flavour. It’s definitely one of my favourites. The original recipe uses horseradish, but as I’ve always had difficulty finding that here, I’ve substituted with ginger.
- 1/2 can beetroot slices, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 4 green onions, sliced into 2cm lengths
- 1 orange, segmented
- Parsley to garnish
- 50g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220 ℃
- Toss beetroot in half of the oil. Place on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, boil a jug of water. Place green beans in a colander or sieve in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Leave for 2 minutes then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place beans, and onion on a serving plate and scatter over roasted beetroot and orange.
- To make the dressing, place cream cheese, orange juice, remaining oil, ginger and vinegar in a bowl or food processor. Season. Whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and scatter over parsley. Serve.