Vanessa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a recipe I’ve been playing with over the years. I’ve finally managed to achieve a balance I like. This cookie is a little less sweet with a subtle nutmeg flavour tied together with a hint of orange.
The best option for this recipe is orange zest, but if that’s not on hand you can substitute with 1 Tablespoon of orange juice or 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or zest. Another option is to switch the chocolate chips for a chopped bar of chocolate. This makes nice chocolate chunks.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla till creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mix, nutmeg, coconut and orange. Stir in the chocolate.
- Place spoonfuls on the tray and bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until golden. Cool the cookies on the try for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.